Home Air Conditioner Maintenance Checklist
We often talk about AC service maintenance as one of the leading ways to help keep your air conditioning system at top performance at all times. A good air conditioner maintenance checklist is crucial as it helps extend the lifespan of the unit and lessens the chances of sudden breakdowns and emergency repair jobs.
The most important benefits of a regular checkup for your cooling system include:
Better energy savings – Efficiency is the ultimate key to better energy savings. A unit that doesn’t get checked regularly by a professional HVAC contractor can lose up to 5% of its efficiency. We all know what this equates to… a surge in the monthly electricity consumption. A clean, well-maintained unit performs at its best without eating up too much energy.
Longer-lasting air conditioner – Next to being efficient, the unit has a better chance of extending its lifespan given that it is well taken cared of. It doesn’t get sick, it doesn’t need treatment. It’s in good shape. Therefore, you can relax knowing you can enjoy home comfort for many more years to come.
This type of dedication can be applied to your home as well. It needs maintenance too.
Easy AC Maintenance Checklist
Cleaning a house should be an easy-breezy task until you realize that something breaks in the house or stops working because you forgot to check on it. Issues can arise and the cleanliness of your home suffers. Smelly carpet, leaking water pipes, water damage on your ceilings and walls, or termite infestation are some of the most common real estate problems.
Calling a professional can easily fix these issues. But, what if no one is available when you need help? Here are some house maintenance tips from American Home Shield.
- Check fire extinguisher – Take a look at your fire extinguisher pressure gauge and make sure it still has pressure.
- Vacuum carpeted areas – Vacuuming should be done at least once a month to get rid of dust, dirt and other microbes so that your home stays clean.
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors – Most smoke alarms and CO detectors can be checked quickly by pressing a button. Replace any defective units or replace the batteries if needed.
- Clear drains in sinks and tub – Make sure the water is flowing smoothly in your sink and tub drains. If not, clear them out by flushing them with salt and hot water, using a plunger or snaking the drains to remove clogs.
3. Annually and Bi-Annually
- Termite inspection – Schedule an annual termite inspection from a certified termite company. Termites can cause significant damage to your home and also discourage other home buyers from purchasing your property when you decide to sell.
- Clean out refrigerator coils – Consider cleaning your refrigerator coils if you want to maintain electrical efficiency as clean coils can reduce the refrigerator’s electricity usage by 15%. Unplug your refrigerator before cleaning the coils.
Home Comfort and Air Conditioning Maintenance
Looking out for your property and its heating and cooling service is a way of preserving your investment. These stay with you for several years as they serve their purpose in providing comfort and protection for the entire family.
Marthedal Solar, Air & Heating aims to help homeowners reach this state of contentment and achievement. Content in quality, reliable, and efficient AC that will not breakdown at the most unexpected time. And achievement in the idea that you are getting the best out of your long-term investment. Learn why we are the maintenance service experts and the questions to ask your technician.For more information about our services and maintenance tips, visit https://aamarthedal.com/.