Improve Efficiency of Heating and Cooling Systems
Maintaining your home comfort system through years of heating and cooling services ups and downs is no easy task! You should know the ways to keep the system running efficiently for as long as possible.
Apart from the standard and seasonal tune ups and maintenance performed by your trusted HVAC technicians, there are many things you can do to make sure you get the most of out of your unit.
Heating and Cooling Tips
Using these are great for those who use smartphones and computer systems and enjoy the ability to control the home temperature regardless of where they are. They also consistently offer lower utility bills.
- Set the thermostat low during the winter months, and drop the temperature just a bit during the night or when you’re away from home – a consistent temperature in your home is better than turning it off and having to deal with changes in the temperature and straining your thermostat (and power bill) to even out the room temperature.
- Ensure that your system’s thermostat won’t give a false reading. If the thermostat is not placed in an ideal area, say in a mud-room, or an entryway far from the living area, you are not allocating it for efficiency.
- Set the temperature for the temperature you want. If you set the thermostat up too high, it will take longer to get comfortable. When you forget to lower the heating temperature once it’s on full blast and it’s going to be TOO comfortable to go outside.
Holiday Heating Usage
- If you won’t be home for a few days, turn it off! Using a smart thermostat will allow you to turn it back on before you arrive.
- When people are over at your house, the added company will heat up your home faster! The way the body generates heat, especially in parties will definitely warm up the house. Take advantage of this heating tip to save on energy bills!
Service and Maintenance Requirements
- Replace filters as recommended, you’d be surprised how dirty they get! Dirty filters are one of the leading triggers of heater malfunction.
- Ensure that the unit and vents are not blocked by your furniture, drapes, or other items.
- During winter, keep the south-facing windows open during the day to allow sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to keep the chill out.
Marthedal Solar, Air & Heating has been in partnership with many households and business offices across Fresno County. We provide all types of HVAC services. Check out our Preventive Maintenance Program. You can get better deals when you enroll in a regular routine and proper heating maintenance. Call us today!