What Is Included In AC Maintenance?
What often comes to mind when you hear home AC service ? What Is Included In AC Maintenance? Are you thinking about a damaged outdoor condenser or a broken air conditioner, or maybe a costly repair job? It’s upsetting to think of a non-functioning cooling system when you need it the most now that summer has kicked in. It’s a totally different story when you need a repair.
A regular maintenance visit is an answer to preventing these expensive repair jobs. HVAC technicians have two important jobs during these visits:
- Check the entire system to assess its overall condition
- Identify issues that need repair or replacement
Given that they have these important roles to complete, what happens during a maintenance visit?
Keep Your Air Conditioning Efficient
Air conditioners are designed to last 10 to 15 years, you can only maximize its performance if you perform a tune-up each year before summer starts. There is a long To-Do-List for the technician to go through during a visit, but to simplify it, the tech guy will:
- Inspect all system components
- Check for wear and tear on all moving parts
- Calibrate the thermostat
- Clean the condenser coils
- Inspect refrigerant level
- Check for leaks
Maintaining a functioning AC is the best way to accomplish three important goals – keep your AC working at peak output, cut down the energy consumption, and save money avoiding expensive breakdowns.
Benefits of Air Conditioning Service, Checkup and Tune Up
The benefits of working with a reliable HVAC contractor like Marthedal Solar, Air & Heating is numerous and heart-warming. Let’s mention a few that will significantly make a difference on your monthly bill and home comfort.
- A properly maintained cooling unit produces better indoor air quality. This is because the filters and ducts are clean and free of pollutants that can cause respiratory illness.
- A well-maintained AC doesn’t need to use more energy to remain efficient or strain itself to attain the desired temperature. It’s healthy for your pocket and the environment.
- And most importantly, you greatly lower the risk of a fire on your home. Any equipment that uses electricity poses a chance of a potential fire hazard and your AC is not and exemption.
Caring for your heating and cooling services can be painless if you have the right people providing maintenance. Call us today to get more helpful tips in caring for your AC or visit our reviews page. Read about keeping your system free of dust or about the multiple types of common types of air conditioners.